Luke On Sunsetting (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 17, 2020, 17:16 (1223 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I can’t think of a single non-PC games where inventory management doesn’t suck. It’s almost a universal problem, I honestly, truly believe you’re asking for something that’s way more difficult than you might imagine. I wouldn’t mind some basic sorting filters in the vault (show by slot, element type, archetype, etc). I’ve never played a game that allows you to create loadouts in which that system isn’t a pain in the ass—I straight up think outsourcing that stuff to DIM is the best solution and that working to implement it within the game is a complete waste of resources and time.

I must rebut with the question of; how many of those games have hundreds of guns? Only other game I know of that has that would be Borderlands with their randomized system, but I've not played it, so I can't comment on it.

This idea that, weather you realize it or not, just because its a universal issue in some way means that there is no solution, I reject. I apologize if that's me putting words in your mouth. If there was EVER an opportunity to solve that issue, then why wouldn't it be the team behind the preeminent loot game of the entire industry?

In Destiny we have Champions (which require mods and kit), Match Game modifier (requiring elements of a type), we have DPS options, add clear options, stat buffing options, health regen (or is that exotic only) ... I think there might be others? Eh. Lots of moving parts to switch around, and it helps to know (or to be able to find quickly) what weapon is for what. I don't think... at least I don't recall, of any other game with such a number of game play mechanics to consider.

At the end of the day, I just want to play the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread