Luke On Sunsetting (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, December 19, 2020, 12:59 (1217 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No Wu, that's not an idea. That's status quo. While it is fine that you enjoy it, it also means little to what I ask. Feels like a dodge to me. You could have said nothing on this point, and it would be the same result.

How is that a dodge? Sometimes the status quo is actually fine. Using DIM is a perfectly valid solution to the problem. On the whole, I’m not convinced that it’s not the best one. Organizing and sorting and loadouts will always be better with a mouse, period. I do not believe any solution Bungie comes up with would be better than just using DIM. I think to call that dodging the question is kind of silly. Bungie solved the problem by letting someone else handle it.

You disagree with that, and that’s fine, but I don’t think it’s fair to say that Claude thinking it’s currently fine is somehow a problem.

Will speak of this more in response on Wu's post below.

I have absolutely no idea what you're asking with regard to exotics. Can you rephrase your question?

I'd like to clarify my original question instead, hopefully you don't mind.

The original question I asked was; do exotic weapons suffer from the same issue? Why or why not? The context of "the same issue" being about organization through the game interface. To further clarify; "organization" ultimately means in this case "What in this gun makes it worth using over something else?"

Isn’t the answer to that obvious? Exotics are by their nature completely distinct, and there aren’t that many of them in the grand scheme. It’s not difficult to remember which ones do which special things.

It’s much more difficult to remember why I have six Trusts. The only way to make that more easy to remember is getting rid of random rolls, and they tried that already.

BOOM! Yes! EXACTLY! I wanted to read some one else saying the words "It’s not difficult to remember". I wanted to be sure it wasn't just me. Thank you cheapLEY.

This example is exactly how proper organization in-game would fix the bloat problem sunsetting is supposed fix, but without all the nonsense sunsetting has brought. Shall continue to bring, even. Know your tools for which you wield! How many of you with wood based workshops have all your kit laying in a cluttered pile on the floor? Or does it look (in some way) like this...?

[image]

Side track for a moment; Keep inmind there are millions of people playing this game with new "kinderguardians" coming in (apparently) all the time. We, the hardcore fanbase & Bungie, expect each of them to go on D.I.M? Or any OTHER of the fantastic third party options? Where are they supposed to find that out? To a external third party? If they have the means then sure I suppose, they will find out through search and use it, but it just feels wrong. You can not expect an end user to do that! To care that much. To turn that play into effort to play. That is not a solid user experience in my view. Hopefully not just my view.

As I said, I sidetracked. Back to ... "This is exactly being able to organize would fix."

In Destiny, we have (or at least had) many hundreds of legendary guns. For what purpose? Why? Well, the direct answer is loot and the chase of this and that. But what if I bring that question of guns into context of our vaults? Why? For what purpose? For what ends do I hold this for? For me, I can not speak to how many times I've asked myself this question as I tried to root out what I could get rid of in the unwilling rats nest that is my vault. Upon the process of all this, I've come to a realization after playing this game for so long. I know when I get something and I look at those stats and perks; keep or shard. Shard is easy, out of sight and mind.

Keep through? Oh... keep is a pain in the ass. I'll know in that moment why I want to keep something, but I also know I will forget. Alas, Destiny doesn't do post-it notes.

So... cheapLEY doesn't have this issue I'm about to mention (seeing as he is the smartest Destiny player in the forum), but the lot of us probably have multiple weapons in our vaults that are basically the same weapon in use case. The DPS. The add clear. So on. Why? What differentiates one weapon from another? What makes it worth keeping? Figuring such things out is a pain, as to solve it requires a person to stop playing the game, and sort all of it out. And suddenly this game about amazing gun play and momentary power fantasies, is suddenly about spreadsheets and grade calls. (No offense for those of you who are all about the spreadsheet life.)

Or hey! You can just forgo all that, not care, and shoot with whatever. As possible as that is, I don't think that is how this game was built to be played. There is alot of hard work put into the little nuances of this games play, and I'd like to appreciate it, if the game didn't fight the ability to do so in such an amount sometimes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread