Luke On Sunsetting (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 17, 2020, 13:22 (1226 days ago) @ stabbim

I’ve never cared particularly about gear or making builds in the same way you do.

Sunsetting doesn’t really change the way I play the game. I was already always rotating in new things as they came into the game. Kindled Orchid replaced my Trust, despite them not being similar at all. Loaded Question got subbed in for Recluse pretty often. Patron of Lost Causes took the top slot the season it was added. Contrary to what Bungie thinks, I don’t need to be forced to swap my loadouts. It’s not my fault they designed broken weapons that became de facto loadouts for difficult content.

The difference now is that it IS completely forced. Instead of using something I want to use because it’s fun and I like it, I’m often using something because it’s literally the only thing I have that can cover the shield type I need to hit and also provide Champion coverage.

I do think it will get better, functionally. This was always going to hurt as the first sweep of weapons leaving essential took out two years worth of gear. It won’t be so bad now that it will be a rolling swap every season. That it will functionally work better does not mean it won’t feel really shitty, however. My new Heritage/Trustee combo might be my favorite PvE loadout in Destiny ever, and a year from now it will be gone. And that fucking sucks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread