We live in weird times...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, February 18, 2013, 15:53 (4077 days ago) @ kapowaz

Heh, I've loved everything I've seen, and it's more than I thought I would get. But I also didn't look at or read any leaks, and I feel like its the leaks that have done the disservice - not Bungie. Not to mention all these classy game journalists pining for drama to pull in pageviews!

I'm happy with what I got because I didn't have any expectations, and what I got is fueling my imagination. How could I complain? Why am I owed any more than what they decide to release? I don't have a Bungie-subscription, I'm not paying for these previews last time I checked. I don't even have to buy the game if I end up not interested. If you enjoy what you've seen - why can't it just stop there? Just enjoy it. Imagine, speculate. Be patient and hopeful. If you don't like what you see, find something that does.

Back in the day people would critique movies and books when they came out. Now the internet critiques previews and announcements and reveals. I find it absurd. People analyze and pick apart everything they can get their hands on and demand more, and then whenever the game/movie/etc. comes out, they're disappointed. We would judge inch-by-inch squares of a Rembrandt and condemn it before we ever see the whole picture if he was alive today.

I'm not aiming this at you kapowaz, I'm just tired of being the entitled, pessimistic, twenty-something that I am. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread