Bungie's reveal: a disservice to Destiny

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:05 (4056 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm of the opinion that this was planned this way all along. It seems similar to the Halo 3 reveal where the press got to see Bungie fly the camera around the Chief and the New Mombassa portal scene but nothing more. I mean, the ViDoc was as well done as ever. The arg was clever and well written. The website was finished and had its new look come online for the reveal. The iOS app was released the same day (something that Apple doesn't make easy with the whole uncertainty of the review process and all). The store had all the new Destiny stuff ready to go. And the big one, they are taking preorders. Maybe all of this stuff can be completed quickly to plug the leaks or whatever, but I don't think they'd start taking preorders if this was just a response to the leaks.

All very good points. It doesn't really make sense that all of those things would have been hurriedly thrown together.

Maybe it has something to do with next-gen consoles, but that just makes it odder.

I doubt it. Starting the pre-orders now with the intention of selling the next-gen copies doesn't really jive - people would still have to switch their pre-orders to the next-gen versions once those were announced.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread