Chappy Method (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 08, 2021, 13:22 (1144 days ago) @ Chappy

This is the approach that I've used to run multiple Master nightfalls in a group of 6 (text cribbed from Reddit and edited)

To explain this, I'm going to designate 3 people in the group of 12 as [player 1], [player 2], and [player 3]

• [player 1] is solo in orbit, and invites all participants to a fireteam.
  • [player 1] will promote [player 3] to fireteam leader, and then [player 1] and [player 2] will leave the fireteam, splitting the group into 2 people solo in orbit and 10 together.
  • [player 1] will now join on [player 2], and then [player 2] will promote [player 1] to fireteam leader. This is the most important step, and what caused our runs to succeed.
  • [player 2] sends an invite to [player 3], who opens and accepts it, and waits at the "do you want to bring your whole fireteam with you" prompt.
  • [player 1] will call out when they are launching the activity, and [player 2] will signal to [player 3] when to complete the join. The specific timing varies depending on latency between players, but typically [player 2] should say "go" right as they see the timer change from 3 to 2.
  • If done right, [player 1] should see "someone is joining your fireteam" around 0 seconds.
  • If not, [player 1] and [player 2] change characters or leave the fireteam and try again.

In our experience, we were consistently successful with player 1 and player 3 being very distant (~6000 miles apart), and player 1 calling to join just before 2 changed to 1 from the perspective of player 2.

[image]

I volunteer to be player 4.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread