I got this Kerm. No worries. (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 15:48 (1131 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You might have a rather large to do list considering we’re starting at 9:30 Eastern. I humbly suggest that you go in by yourself and apply those wishes and grab the first checkpoint. If the consensus is not to apply them, just scrap the checkpoint. Also, follow chappy’s instructions. Accept no substitutes.

I can commit to only one raid. Midnight EST is my cut off. As I’ve already stated in my comment in the event, I consider myself a fill-in if you don’t already have 12.

Kermit, with all due respect, I feel your concerns are HEAVILY misplaced. We have at the moment 9 folks confirmed signed up. Do you expect that the 15 or so minutes to add these wishes (if even that) is really a weight on the time? Notice (as I have) 9 folks, each with a focus on two buttons. Would that take too long? Let's say it did, so that would be 9:45 pm for you... Can 9 folks blow through this raid in 2 hours and 15 minutes? I think so, most definitely. We can totally do that with 9 folks, but Shuro Chi shall be the definitive answer to this, I think.

I meant no offense, man. I've got some experience organizing events, and I'm was just trying to calibrate expectations a little.

No offense here, I know you mean well. Just, you get what you bring to a party, yeah? Timing is everything. Spreading doubts/concerns on the eve of a party when it hasn't even started, that's just not cool.

Fair enough. Not my intent at all. Like I said last week, the start time is a bit late for me (it's actually worse this week considering DST). Making my curfew explicit was part of my motivation for posting. (As a cat herder nothing's worse than having a cat say, out off the blue, gotta go!) Had an idea for a time-saving tip that proved to be useless. Sorry.

Don't pull the rug after the planned placement, you risk making a mess.

Again, not my intent. Just a reading.

Especially after I've posted this entire week inquiring this forum, and getting mostly nothing back in return. Perhaps you've not experienced that?

I definitely have. I've abandoned a crapload of events. Except for when I organized raids on a weekly basis, I've almost never had them fill up on their own, and even the weekly ones often required some one-on-one recruitment efforts behind the scenes in order to get a full fireteam. I always appreciate the efforts to set up events--I know it's hard to get commitments.

It's been labeled Last Wish the whole time, and the idea towards a Garden run was a last second idea in kindness to Korny, which of course is now biting me in the ass a little, but so it goes.

That said... we're down to 8 confirmed at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'll be good. Looking forward to it.

Thank you for the note about the 12th Wish however. I was totally unaware.

We'll see where we sit in the first hour, and if it turns out we all really do suck we can always just re-up and wish to Riven, but after what I saw on Wednesdays 2nd Run... we'll be fine. (Sloppiest Crypt run anyone of us has ever seen... that we still somehow beat.)

The core team on Wednesday has run that raid together ~25 times over the past several months, and the muscle memory for that raid in particular is current and ingrained--I'd say that played a huge part in a few of those dramatic saves. (I also wouldn't underestimate the value of having chappy present--the premier cat herder. :)) Again, I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else in the slightest--it'll be fun.

Wait till you see it*. It was DUMB Luck. Full blown pizza fire.

*presuming I got it, have yet to check.

TL;DR Kerm. I got this, no worries. Shut up ... ;D

Nah.

I am a silly man.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread