I'm kinda weird right now (Gaming)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 09:27 (3812 days ago) @ Grizzlei

These past few years I've used my 360 and PS3 more as a media platform than as gaming consoles. I'll log a day of watching Netflix for every thirty minutes I'm playing a game, yet we have an immense library of 70 digital titles (regular and arcade) and 50 physicals for the two consoles. Fortunately these games are treated right by my boyfriend, but I've neglected them so terribly.

However, all I'm worried about for the next generation consoles are the games and I refuse to acquire either of them until there's a great variety of exciting titles. I already have two media platforms in the current gen consoles, so all of this advanced media stuffs doesn't entice me a single bit.

On another note, I'm slightly disturbed by the sizes of the hard drives. 500GB is hardly anything for people who enjoy the ease of digital download, as we're trying to commit to. Our 360 has a 250GB hard drive and 30 of the games are 4-8GB retail titles, along with a few big DLC episodes. Nearly all of these games were purchased in the last year (thanks for all the sales, assholes). With that in consideration for Xbox One, over a 8+ year lifespan, I'll have to continually purchase new storage devices or rely on the cloud (I think that's a thing). I'd happily pay much more money for a standard hard drive of 1TB+.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread