Not really. (Gaming)

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:39 (3810 days ago) @ Spawn

I made up my mind back in June as to which system was going to be my primary. The combination of the PS4's lower price, Bungie & Activision being all buddy-buddy with Sony (exclusive content, etc.), and the fact that on the exclusives front MS had nothing to offer me besides Halo (I lost all interest in Titanfall when it was announced there would be no single-player campaign), whereas Sony actually had launch window titles that interested me as well as a ton of support from indie devs, not to mention Sony has a solid first-party track record from studios like Guerilla Games, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, SCE Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, and Polyphony Digital.

While having to build a new social circle in a new online ecosystem is going to be rough after having been on XBL for nearly nine years, there's really only a few people I play online with anymore anyways (I rarely play Halo 4 anymore as it is), so I don't mind the PS4 being my primary even from a social standpoint. Destiny is going to be what I spend most of my time playing online anyway, so I really only need a group of friends big enough to where I'll always have someone online to play through missions with.

Now, I am still getting an XBO eventually, but it won't be for at least another year. Either Halo 5 needs to really impress me, or MS needs to introduce a steep price cut and/or a Kinect-less SKU. $500 was going to be too much for a system whose only exclusive that appealed to me was Halo, and considering how much I disliked 343I's handling of Halo 4, it's actually more like taking a $500 risk in giving them a second chance. Now is simply not the right time for me to get an XBO.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread