Did a JRPG pore sugar in your gas tank? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 11:06 (3598 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 11:11

I asked this in another thread today, but how do you propose, then, some areas being closed off until you're "ready"? Are you proposing free access anywhere from the word go? If the enemies never get harder, you'd have a lot to do to keep everything else fresh and exciting. This line of thought becomes anti-Ramping Difficulty very quickly. I want things to stay challenging the longer I play.

Have missions and strikes open up other missions and strikes, which have a designed difficulty curve. Not that hard to design spaces so that the challenge is harder through level design and enemy placement. You think the only way to make the game harder is to level up the enemies? Then have a final difficulty level (mythic or whatever) where every level is ridiculously hard. This eliminates the "ghost town" problem where nobody is in low level areas.

Also you have it backwards: bad investment systems that allow you to power up your character are anti-difficulty ramping. Your character powers up, such that the enemies are no harder than before. If your character gets more powerful, then the challenges have to get more powerful IN COMPARISON, which is essentially a traditional progressive design anyway!

You have to stop being a cat, mentally. Just because there's an open box sitting in front of you doesn't mean you actually have to cram yourself into said box. Let the box sit. Play the game. Forget the box. The box will fill with Spinmetal on its own, provided its something that enemies will drop, and not something specifically placed by the developer.

Lol did you even play the alpha? Spinmetal leaves ARE placed. They don't drop. You have to hold square to harvest them :-p

Also IF they just filled up as you play and it weren't a problem, why would they even be there? The point of picking up resources is that they are scarce and you will never have enough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread