Levels

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:36 (4051 days ago) @ General Vagueness

So, GV, first of all: wall of text... You should try to separate your paragraphs by an empty line. It helps diminishing the wall of text feeling (IMO, of course).

Anyway, I'm glad you found some solace in getting this out of your chest. I do agree that grinding can be very obnoxious, but I think Borderlands (especially the second one) pulled it off pretty well. There was some "cheapness" in fight mechanics (as I think you would think of it) that caused damage dealt and received not be simply based on the weapon itself, but also numerically scale on the level gap between you and your enemy.

I would also like to point out to you that KotOR is a RPG heavily based on tabletop RPGs. As such, combat was based on chance (the mentioned "dice rolls") and scaled by your skillset (if you didn't have the proper skill, for example, it would severely diminished). While I am having quite a blast romping through KotOR II right now, I understand your point.

I recommend you looking into Borderlands and check how leveling up works there. I don't think you would find it too obnoxious and I honestly think it is likely for Destiny to take that direction.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread