Heretic

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 16:14 (4050 days ago) @ RC

When I got an Xbox, I got some games for it that I heard were good. One of them was SW: KotOR. My first impressions were good but as I read the manual and it started talking about dice for no apparent reason I was put off. I still tried the game and it seemed like it would in fact be a nice romp around a galaxy. Then they gave me a gun, but when I tried to shoot it, it didn't matter how much I adjusted my aim and position and it barely mattered how close I was, the shots didn't go where I was aiming most of the time. Before too long I realized (or was told by a character, I don't remember) that I'd have to level up shooting to aim better. I gave the game about five more minutes, put it away, and never looked back.

KotOR's gameplay is about stats and equipment, preparation - not dexterity. Complaining about it is like complaining checkers isn't like football.

oh I wasn't saying it was bad, exactly, I understand that it's a different kind of game, it's just not a kind of game that I enjoy playing

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread