raiddestiny.com (Destiny)

by electricpirate @, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 18:23 (3574 days ago) @ kapowaz

That's part of the goal though right? Someone who's gone through some third party channel to find people willing to raid is far less likely to just say "fuck all" and grief/go awol/not know the rules/ be a dick etc.

I imagine that's more likely (but probably not a guarantee!) - kind of a shame that jumping through hoops to demonstrate you're not an asshat is even needed though, eh?

Personally I'm not sold on Raids needing matchmaking, but I do think we need more ways I engage socially in-game, since that's what leads to meeting new friends who you can do Raids with.

Yea I agree with that.

I think the issue that people feel left out of the raid isn't as much the matchmaking, it's the fact that Bungie is developing a significant chunk of content that apparently requires such tight coordination between 6 people that they don't feel it's feasible with randoms.e. I think the core design is the issue people dislike, rather than matchmaking. That hard requirement to get 6 people working in synch makes it really interesting, and guarantees I probably won't be able to ever experience it.

Actually, if the 6 man raid works out, I'd love to see that philosophy brought to 3 person content. That's much more feasible for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread