Priorities (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 16:37 (3549 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Ragashingo, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 17:28

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/08/19/interview-bungies-jonty-barnes-on-destinys-locations-multiplayer-and-beta-test...

TSA: But there won’t the kind of custom modes which you had in Halo games?

Jonty: Um, I think we’ve been asked quite a bit about whether or not we’re going to do private games and things like that. It’s certainly an active discussion, but it’s really about how we wanted to make sure for launch that we had the best gameplay that we could offer for the core competitive multiplayer activity.

This is kind of surprising. Why would this be even up for discussion? OF COURSE you add custom games. Shouldn't that be the default, given it's hugely popular from Halo and expected?

How hugely popular is it, exactly? Do you have numbers? Have such numbers even been released ever? I would expect that matchmaking games far outnumbered custom games over Halo's internet enabled lifespan. I can understand people who loved custom games being disappointed, but unless I'm grossly underestimating the matchmade / custom game ratio then there is no surprise here.

I also disagree that custom games should be focused on first, full stop. I like matchmaking...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread