Priorities (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 17:14 (3549 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How hugely popular is it, exactly? Do you have numbers? Have such numbers even been released ever? I would expect that matchmaking games far outnumbered custom games over Halo's internet enabled lifespan. I can understand people who loved custom games being disappointed, but unless I'm grossly underestimating the matchmade / custom game ration then there is no surprise here.

These are professionals, and each game is supposed to be better than the last. Please don't make excuses. Removing features is a big deal.

I don't see how this is "removing a feature" if it never had it. Halo and Destiny didn't have large scale RTS battles like Myth, so I guess we're missing features there too? To me, this all stems from viewing Destiny as a Halo successor, when it's a completely new game with its own features, made by a somewhat-different group of people. It's going to have its own feats, its own quirks, and it sounds like they'll develop custom games if Destiny naturally needs it in its own right, not just because a game they made before had it.

Obviously, you can view it as a Halo successor if you want to, but not everyone does.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread