Priorities (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 18:56 (3549 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It wouldn't be an issue, but if I want to play a game with (and against) a group of friends, that option doesn't seem to be available to me in matchmaking. (At least as far as we saw in the beta)

That's pretty reasonable for matchmaking - allowing both teams to communicate could encourage cheating, especially if they know each other already and grouped up intentionally.

But if its not allowed in matchmaking, and there are no other options... I'm just SOL? I enjoy matchmade games, but sometimes you just want to throw down with some friends. Roughly 75% of my time with Halo 2 and 3 was spent in custom games, and I used to have regular get-togethers (both online and in person) to do so.

Destiny keeps getting called a "social experience", but without custom games, competitive multiplayer is just an endless conveyor-belt of strangers. What's social about that?

[Caveat: It's totally possible some form of "unranked" playlist will exist like in their previous titles, that will mitigate this somewhat. Just going on what limited information we currently have etc. etc.]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread