... - I'm ok with this! :D (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 21:54 (3548 days ago) @ Leviathan
edited by Avateur, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 22:04

For me, customs isn't a big deal as I'm not a 'versus' or competitive player. I have a feeling it will be a nice addition down the road, though, simply so that I can sit around and explore the multiplayer maps without being murdered. But there's going to be plenty more stuff I'd rather do first, though...

There's this odd outcry here regarding competitive play and it's sort of a joke. You're not misunderstanding it, don't get me wrong. But when I look at what customs has largely done for Halo in a world with Forge, competitive hasn't really been it. H3's community maps were largely horrible. A lot of the fun and awesome stuff came out of the fun and zany things that customs allowed, generally not on a competitive level. The same applies to Reach.

Even Halo 2 used customs with honor system rules to create gametypes like Zombies. I really think customs not being included is a stupid design decision, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend like this is some horrible doom that has befallen an alleged hardcore or competitive crowd in a game that I don't view as largely competitive to begin with, as well as knowing that customs in Halo games were generally anything but hardcore or competitive to the vast majority of players. I agree with you, there's plenty more stuff I'd rather do first, and that's why I can be patient and wait for customs (and pray they don't take a century to implement it).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread