Not happy to hear this :/ (Destiny)

by Chris101b @, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 08:51 (3548 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I loved the Destiny Beta and am looking forward to the game, but this is seriously disappointing news. With a (supposedly) $500 million price tag, you would think that this game would be one of the most fully featured games Bungie has ever created. I'm not seeing where that money went though. This game is different from Halo, sure, but no customs? Really?

I've seen so many games suffer from not having customs; Battlefield 3 being my favorite example. I purchased the game on Xbox 360 and thought it was one of the dumbest mistakes that they made (Along with the multitude of other things that negatively impacted the game).

The issue here is that if Bungie does not include custom games, people are going to cheat the system and try to do it anyway. They will go into matchmaking with a full party, and spend the whole match playing something like "The Floor is Lava" or something like that.

At that point, you have to wonder why they were't included in the first place. I know this isn't Halo, but this is Bungie. And many Bungie games have allowed us to play the game how we want. So far, it seems that Destiny is kind of going away from that. Keep using all these terms that will resonate with their fans, but they aren't really showing it to us. They say the game is a social experience, but we can't talk to anyone in the game without going through a convoluted menu system and we can't play the game how we want with our friends. But I don't think the game will be sustained off matchmaking alone. I mean, even I got tired of Halo matchmaking, but there was something else I could always do instead. That seems less true with destiny. If you don't want matchmaking, you play campaign, if you don't campaign..... well I guess you can play another game.

Halo was always full of options. You could do campaign, multiplayer, custom games, forge a map, forge with friends for fun, watch saved films, do glitches. You always had something to do. With Destiny, I feel like Bungie is just trying to tell us what is fun about the game and only offering that (and to be honest, offering even less than that).

So I can't say I'm happy to hear this. All i can hope is to see custom games added in a future update.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread