Explain to me why this isn;t open (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 02, 2014, 14:48 (3493 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hwpMMBt2TI

It's modeled. In game. Populated with enemies. Why was this not utilized? Someone from Bungie explain this. Why do we have to pay later for the privilege of accessing what's already in our game data? No really. Explain it. Seriously. Not kidding. Let me hear your side of the story. I'm open to there being some good reason.

I've got a really simple explanation for you: who says that's the end of the area? Just because part of DLC is modeled, doesn't mean all of it connected to that area is modeled.

The other part of this discussion I always disagree with is, who cares if it's done before the game comes out? Who cares if they put it in the game data? Think about it logically: if the content wasn't in the game data at all, no one would be complaining about it (obviously), and from what most people say on here they agree that the content included in the game is worth $60. So they come out with the DLC and add in the content later, where it doesn't exist at all right now, yay, we got more gameplay and more content! What is the difference between that and them putting it in the game data already? Not on a reactionary kneejerk reaction way, but in a realistic, logical way. Does the inclusion of SOME of the data they are going to use in DLC somehow make the game that you admit is worth $60 somehow worth less? Of course not! In fact it even saves Bungie and us time downloading content for the future content.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread