Explain to me why this isn;t open (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, October 03, 2014, 07:50 (3464 days ago) @ RC

How about this. You bought your car and the car can go a top speed of 80mph (don't ask me why). Unfortunately for you, this car you bought will only go 60mph unless you're willing to shell out more to access the rest of your engine.

This is an actual thing that exists.

I had a Chevy truck with an aftermarket 4.11 geared rear end. It also had an aftermarket chip to account for the gearing for the speedometer. I took it in to a dealership to fix the transmission after I wore it out drag racing with some buddies.

For whatever reason the shop over wrote my chip when they fixed my transmission. The default program was for a 3.73 geared rear end. That meant my speedometer read way faster than I was actually going. Plus it put the governor back on. I nearly got run over on the interstate when I left the shop. I gave them an earful, but they couldn't fix it. I had to go buy another chip.

So, yeah, I've had to do exactly what Avateur said. But that's totally different than having part of a DLC package on the disc.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread