Explain to me why this isn;t open (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Thursday, October 02, 2014, 17:51 (3492 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Lots of talk and optimism about DLC and trusting Bungie and such, but it's beyond clear that the game we were marketed isn't the game we were sold. That doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the game I was sold, but it makes me extremely less likely to want to drop money on their expansions and content because it already can't be trusted.

If this is on-disc content, even if in the process of being updated, I wonder if they're going to try selling me content that I already purchased just by buying the game. Will purchasing an expansion actually truly unlock new places and things, or are they all hidden away all over this game waiting for people to break in? Will buying the expansion simply just unlock this content that I actually had already paid for and has been sitting behind a wall while they continue to polish it up?

And, assuming that Fallen guy is some sort of boss (yes, I'm aware I don't know if it's just one big strong bad guy since we have no context to that whole mission), do I really want to drop money on an expansion to continue to literally fight the same "shoot them in the head" bad guys for literally no story gain or game progression?

I'm thinking they may want to add a good few maps of Crucible, and I hope the Raid comes up with new insane and unique ideas that don't immediately copy the previous Raid, because right now all of these questions and that video you just linked only help to reinforce my being less willing to purchase an expansion for this game at this point.

Now if this is something else entirely, like maybe some assets that got cut and some things remained on disc, and the expansion itself will directly add to it, complete the area, and provide new challenges (aka, that thing is not the end-boss), then I suppose that's fine since they didn't just have me pay for on-disc content that I already bought when I bought the disc itself. I'm going to have to wait and see. Aka, I think this video makes it so that I cannot buy this expansion content until others have bought it, played it, and confirmed or rejected my fears.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread