Explain to me why this isn;t open (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 02, 2014, 15:06 (3465 days ago) @ General Vagueness

The difference is in making a conscious decision to cut out the playable content into chunks, sell the bigger chunk at full price, and sell the smaller chunk(s) later at a still fairly high price, when there presumably would've been negligible barriers to providing all of the content at one full game price in the first place.

This is a complaint about DLC though, NOT a complaint about including it in the game data.

Even movies start working on sequels before they finish the previous movie. The last two Matrix movies were worked on simultaneously and the Lord of the Rings movies were worked on at the same time, this does not somehow make your viewing experience less worth it. I would understand if you played Destiny and said "That content was NOT worth $60." and were upset that the additional content would cost you more money. However, if you think it was completely worth your $60, then it doesn't matter when the additional content was worked on or even if they already completed it. They are a business, they have to split the content somewhere to ensure they make enough money off of the content. They aren't just going to include additional content (that most likely is outside the budget for the first game) just because it's complete or near complete when they finish with the planned content for Destiny 1.

I also don't see how saving time isn't a valid argument, if they have models done it saves you and them time and them money to include it on disc. A smaller download size for a DLC package is absolutely a valid reason to include the finished assets on disc.

Also:

The other part of this discussion I always disagree with is, who cares if it's done before the game comes out? Who cares if they put it in the game data?

A lot of people. I mean, obviously.

It's a figure of speech. I mean, obviously.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread