Sounds awful.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 08, 2013, 14:21 (4066 days ago) @ thebruce

Heck, if there are multiple accessories, you could have some epic enormous event where all these various player-groups having various capabilities work together to accomplish a major goal. Like Kinect-enabled players working with smartphone-enabled players at home, and with smartphone/gps-enabled players meeting at some real world location at a specific time, and...and...

It's all pipe dream though, and the liklihood of it happening (at least at that scale) is slim to none I'd wager. Mainly because it could feel like it's taking people "away" from the game (is "Destiny" just a video game? or is it by nature an experience that also happens away from the platform's screen in the living room or desktop PC?)

*shrug*

I definitely digress... on the simplest, smallest scale, having smartphone 'second screen' required missions would be pretty cool, especially if somehow those missions also provide rewards for players without that capability... or require those with and without to work together. The argument about balance and fairness is still a good one in this context, I think.

* I'm not calling anyone out, just being cynical about some of the general opinions expressed in the forums recently :P

Honestly I don't think the ideas are as crazy as people think. With them pushing the mobile integration on day 1 of officially announcing the game I think they are planning to do something major. It could be as simple as if you friend is playing a mission you can point out a supply depot to get ammo/weapons or it could be as major as calling in an airstrike to help out a friend. Either way that is more than any game that I'm aware of has done and it would make me happy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread