Sounds cool!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Saturday, March 09, 2013, 01:39 (4038 days ago) @ Xenos

Honestly I don't think the ideas are as crazy as people think. With them pushing the mobile integration on day 1 of officially announcing the game I think they are planning to do something major. It could be as simple as if you friend is playing a mission you can point out a supply depot to get ammo/weapons or it could be as major as calling in an airstrike to help out a friend. Either way that is more than any game that I'm aware of has done and it would make me happy.

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to see where they're going with it. I spend so much time on the go these days, I would be all over a mobile app that allows me to participate in the Destiny game world in some kind of meaningful way without dedicating a solid chunk of time to being home, sitting in front of my television. I think there are some really awesome ideas being tossed around.

I don't know if this is feasible, but what if you could use the mobile app to tap into an--upgradable--reconnaissance system on your spaceship (left in orbit around the planet) that allowed you to explore a planet's surface or remotely monitor a friend's real-time in-game position from a sort of fuzzy spy-satellite top-down perspective on your phone?

When activated, you'd get a full map view of the entire location with enemies highlighted. You could help your friends navigate an area, scope out cool shit, drop supplies, hack into enemy installations or--if your spaceship is well equipped--introduce hostile positions to the magic of orbital bombardment. Depending on the quality of your ship's systems, perhaps jamming devices could disrupt the quality of your reception and the full extent of your abilities until your friends eliminate the source of the disturbance on the ground. Eh?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread