BMA / Destiny interactions

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, March 08, 2013, 15:05 (4065 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Or what about basic scouting? We don't know how big the playspaces will be? What if there were a way to discover, and then warn your friends that an armor column was approaching from the East?

I think it would be cool if there was something like three or four mini-games, playable from the app. Maybe like a scouting/radar enhancement game, a door/supply crate hacking game, maybe something to do with mobility assistance, ect.

The idea I'm thinking is that player A is on his console shooting things up when all of the sudden player B, who is commuting home from work and playing on his phone, shows up. Player A is then told that they now have access to x drones and are prompted to select what kind of help they would like. Depending on the situation or preferences of player A the choice is made and the drone (player B on their phone) swoops off to the mini-game to help player A achieve their objective.

All the things that the drones can do are not vital to the game, but they could help keep every instance fresh.

I'm no huge fan of mobile gaming, just not my boat-floating cup of tea. But I do think it would be pretty awesome for this type of interaction (or something similar) to be incorporated into Destiny.

My Mom was the person to get me into gaming way back when I was but a little tyke. As time progressed our tastes in virtual worlds split up to the point where we almost never play the same games anymore. How cool would it be for me to be blasting away time-traveling spider pirate zombies from my console, while from states away she could happily be tap-tap-tapping on her beloved phone helping out in my game? All the cool, that's how much. ALL the cool.

Co-op, no matter it's flavor, is one of my favorite aspects of gaming and I personally would love to see a dynamic new way to implement it. And if anyone can do it I trust that Bungie can.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread