Agog over B.Org? Grab your goggles and ogle this DBO logo.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 06:28 (4054 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Again, I didn't say it's bad, I just thought it was funny so many people put in so much effort and thought in and the end result was something so simple by one person.

Do you really see his design as something he came up with entirely on his own, with no influence from anything else posted on the forum that week?

Go back and read his posts in that thread, in order. Look at the designs he started with, and the changes he made based on feedback.

That D was heavily influenced by kapowaz's relatively simple circles with Halo logos in them (first with, then without a city beneath them). Yes, he came up with the D - but if you read that thread in order, you can see how all sorts of people tossed bits into the pot, and helped push the process to the point where the D occurred to Dean.

That, to me, is the beauty of this sort of activity - it's NOT 100 working in cubicles, trying to see who comes up with the best design, it's 100 people sitting around a table, saying "hey, that's cool, what if you..."

If you can't see that, I guess I feel a little sorry for you - there's all sorts of beautiful human interaction happening around you that you might be missing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread