Agog over B.Org? Grab your goggles and ogle this DBO logo.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 16:46 (4054 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I noticed that the new favicon didn't seem to be as clear as it could be, and someone pointed out to me it also had some weird stuff in it when you look closely:

[image]

That's the 32x32 version blown up. The 16x16 version is what shows up in my browser and it has less weird pixels but still more than a handful, and like I said it could be more clear even at its normal size. I took the liberty of cleaning up and trying to improve both versions. It wouldn't save properly in the icon format the site uses with the program I use (which is why I didn't post this two days ago, I saved and closed the file before I realized what happened), so I've linked them below in PNG format.

[image]

[image]

I probably wouldn't do this (let alone twice, four times if you count both sizes) if I thought the design was really bad. I hope these files can help make the site better in a small way. (Whether they do or not, the Great Grey One got me to laugh some more.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread