Agog over B.Org? Grab your goggles and ogle this DBO logo.

by kapowaz, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 07:23 (4055 days ago) @ Mr Daax

You seem to see the simplicity of the logo as a bad thing; everyone else (at least everyone else who has spoken here) seems to think that the simplicity is great and the choice is an excellent one.

It's important to note that simplicity as a characteristic of a design is neither good nor bad — it's just what it is. You can't say that a design is good because it is simple, nor can you say that it's bad for the same reason. I don't understand GV's point when he is bemused about the selection of a logo which he feels was obvious, but I do understand when he says his personal taste means he preferred others. Of course, it's harder to convince somebody that your subjective opinion is right, so I guess focusing on simplicity (which is objectively true) was one way of criticising it. Just not a very good one.

I haven't seen any of the artists who contributed complain about the choice that was made. I think they were just happy to participate and share something with the community. Plus, I'm pretty sure we'll see their work on some awesome t-shirts here soon.

That'd just be sour grapes though, wouldn't it? You're unlikely to hear people bemoan the decision in here when they had skin in the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread