Agog over B.Org? Grab your goggles and ogle this DBO logo.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 10:49 (4054 days ago) @ General Vagueness

You seem to see the simplicity of the logo as a bad thing; everyone else (at least everyone else who has spoken here) seems to think that the simplicity is great and the choice is an excellent one. I haven't seen any of the artists who contributed complain about the choice that was made.

I don't mind the simplicity itself, a simple logo is pretty much always good, as long as it doesn't overlap with something else too much. This wasn't about my having a problem with it anyway. My actual initial reaction to seeing what they picked was laughter. After that I did feel upset that it wasn't something that I viewed as better, but I got over that, and what I posted is basically exactly what I thought when I first saw the decision (I had stuff to do and wanted to get through other posts here and on HBO first so I posted it late).

I have all kinds of reactions and thoughts. Fortunately, I realize that it's best not to post every single one of them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread