Agog over B.Org? Grab your goggles and ogle this DBO logo.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:37 (4050 days ago) @ kapowaz

It's important to note that simplicity as a characteristic of a design is neither good nor bad — it's just what it is. You can't say that a design is good because it is simple, nor can you say that it's bad for the same reason. I don't understand GV's point when he is bemused about the selection of a logo which he feels was obvious, but I do understand when he says his personal taste means he preferred others. Of course, it's harder to convince somebody that your subjective opinion is right, so I guess focusing on simplicity (which is objectively true) was one way of criticising it. Just not a very good one.

Note: I'm horrible when it comes to clearly speaking my mind.

I didn't mean that the chosen design was good because it was simple, but that it's quality of simplicity was something that everyone seemed to like. Whether it's a good or a bad logo is purlely subjective, but, given that we're a community here and that the majority of the community liked and approved of the logo, his continued criticism began to feel like a stab at the community. I'm not trying to force him to like the new logo, but I think there is a decent way of expressing your dissatisfaction with something without mocking or criticizing it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread