Agog over B.Org? Grab your goggles and ogle this DBO logo.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 08:55 (4026 days ago) @ Mr Daax

You seem to see the simplicity of the logo as a bad thing; everyone else (at least everyone else who has spoken here) seems to think that the simplicity is great and the choice is an excellent one. I haven't seen any of the artists who contributed complain about the choice that was made.

I don't mind the simplicity itself, a simple logo is pretty much always good, as long as it doesn't overlap with something else too much. This wasn't about my having a problem with it anyway. My actual initial reaction to seeing what they picked was laughter. After that I did feel upset that it wasn't something that I viewed as better, but I got over that, and what I posted is basically exactly what I thought when I first saw the decision (I had stuff to do and wanted to get through other posts here and on HBO first so I posted it late).
I'm not surprised at the lack of negative reaction, it's not like it would change anything. I'm especially not surprised none of the artists said anything, because then they'd look jealous, even if they're not.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread