I'm afraid of the opposite. (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, April 23, 2015, 16:37 (3342 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And you won't run out of motes because everything you own can be turned in for more. I have 150 motes. I could reroll 5 guns to perfection with that. Then, I would just turn in 600 shards and do it again twice. Then turn in 600 energy and do it again twice. I'll only be playing my exact custom rolls, exactly the same, on all my characters, and it will be quick, especially when I also have a backlog of OLD perfectly rolled guns kept by virtue of their great rolls that I can upgrade.

I think the whole idea of random perks on guns are a bad idea…

Look at the Iron banner weapons. You basically have to balance the weapon for the best possible perk rolls, because if you don't, everybody will re-reoll the best perks and wreck. Just look at Felwinter's. But if you do that, then people who don't reroll get a shit gun…

The solution is to set the perks on every gun, and tailor the gun stats to mesh with such perks.

But I like having both explosive rounds and firefly on my hand cannons and scout rifles, whereas you clearly don't. Even among shotguns, some people have different preferences, so what's wrong with random perks (especially now that we can reforge them)?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread