I really think you're on to something here (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 24, 2015, 18:56 (3341 days ago) @ CyberKN

The thing is, the final Crota battle is so ball-bustingly punishing on hard mode that the last thing anyone wants to do when we get there is experiment.

I experimented the other day using the Song of Ir Yut to take down Crota's shields in HM... it was terrible! I still feel like it was made for that purpose, but OMG it is so much harder to use than tracking rockets. I swapped back to Gjallarhorn the second I was safe after Crota rotated.

I've often wondered if the constant burn of Dragon's Breath was intended to prevent Crota's shields from regenerating. I've never tried it as I prefer a RL that tracks or has proximity detonation so I don't accidentally miss Crota.

If that was it's intended purpose, Dragon's breath could use a few tweaks. Allow the user to swap between tripod or tracking, and make anything that touches it's solar flare get a burning debuff.

I see Dragon's Breath as being useful in other ways throughout the raid. It's great for taking down shriekers... actually safer than Gjallarhorn in some ways, since you don't have to zoom/lock on. Just point, fire, then GTFO. Also for clearing out lanterns in the abyss; Fire a couple rockets ahead as you run towards a lamp to create safe "pockets" along the path or around the lamp.

As far as Crota himself goes, I think Hunger of Crota was the intended go-to for bringing down his shields. The tracking is a must-have, and he's a big enough target that the cluster bombs actually hit him and do a little extra damage.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread