Interesting... (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, April 23, 2015, 18:59 (3342 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I guess I'm just particular. For timur's lash, I wanted explosive rounds and armor piercing both -- with acceptable complimentary other perks. My current loadout has both of these along with clown cartridge and who's next (poor man's outlaw). It really did take way more re-rolls than I expected to get something like that (just over 20 rerolls IIRC).

For Gheleon's demise I wanted firefly and armor piercing rounds. Took a too many rolls to get there, and I'll be re-rolling it because the scopes I got all seem to suck, so I don't use it much. Red dot forever apparently.

I got lucky with my efrideet's spear and only had to re-roll 5-6 times. I wanted a replacement for my "the supremacy", so I was shooting for solar. I got spray and play, clown cartridge, and armor piercing rounds, which work great for a 3 round clip.

My jolder's hammer I wanted "void with good perks", and ended up with a void hip fire, surplus, flared magwell build after many rolls. In hindsight, if I had been okay with any of the 3 damage types this would have likely gone faster.

tl;dr -- I'm happy you got lucky. I think this will only get harder to get what you want in the future as the number of perks increases, and isn't going to be game breaking. "good enough" will win and you won't see many of those perfect rolls floating around.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread