The Vault Problem (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 23:05 (3318 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Yeah, and you use your guns, if that's what's fun for you. :)

Sounds like this was semantics, after all.

(For the record, I've used Thorn and The Last Word and Bad Juju and MIDA Multi-Tool in PvE, all but Thorn maxed-- I don't really feel like I do better with them. That's why I don't really see the Autos suck deal. Oh well.)

I felt the same way about hand cannons until I got enough practice with them to consistently land headshots. All of a sudden I was wiping out mobs like they were nothing :)

And for what it's worth, none of the weapons you listed are particularly great for PvE. Decent, but there are far more effective choices. Hand Cannons like Fatebringer or Hawkmoon blow the others away. Timur's Lash and Red Hand IX can be deadly in PvE as well, if you get a good roll.

For scout rifles, anything with Firefly can be very effective. Every couple of shots you cause a huge explosion that can instantly clear our 4-5 enemies. This is also what makes Fatebringer so much better than every other primary for most PvE situations. It can kill most mob enemies with a single headshot, and it has the firefly perk. In crowded rooms, you can pull the trigger 5 or 6 times and kill 20 enemies.

Once you get used to that kind of stopping power, it's tough to go back to an auto rifle ;p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread