The Vault Problem (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 23:09 (3318 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

they're weak enough to prevent them from being a viable option when you really need to get down to business. I'd never use one during a hard mode raid, for example... Or a nightfall, aside from raid ARs that match the burn modifier.

I do the Vault on Hard with the Epilogue and Doctor Nope/Silimar's Wrath all the time. I only use the Wrath in Crota's End. I use Nope for Dailies and Weeklies, and Wrath for when that proves too difficult-- For Nightfalls, I go with the burn, which so far is the Epilogue or the Edict. If it was a Solar or nil Burn Nightfall that I was going through, I'd definitely use my Wrath, as Solar Primaries have eluded me.

It's not really that much of a challenge. At all. It only ever gets annoying when charged by a Minotaur with noone to back me up. And this is the archetype purported to suck harder than most ARs!

I've used stuff like Bad Juju in the Raids; I honestly feel like I do worse.

If your concern is with viability, not just efficacy, you might just be bad with Auto Rifles.

Shrug.

Bad Juju is also not a good example of a strong PvE primary. It's way better since the buff, but not great.

The Vault of Glass is also a specific case where ARs are particularly useful at times, because they're great against Oracles. I'll usually switch to Atheon's Epilogue during those segments as well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread