Devil's advocate (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 15:13 (2891 days ago) @ Xenos

the product is the data, not the medium

False. Go tell Sony you want another bluray for free because your old one got scratched up and can't be read. You paid for the data not the disc, right? I'll bet they'd send you a new one right over at no cost to you!

You BLATANTLY ignored the first part of the sentence, congrats on being unreasonable again. You are purchasing the data, the disc is the way to GET the data. If it can play that's generally ALL YOU CARE ABOUT.

If you pay for the data as you say, then you should never be in a situation where you can't access it.

Compare it to the way computer software works where you do pay for the data. I lost my Avid installer. I had the choice of getting another DVD sent to me, or to download the installer from them. See the difference? They make the data available to me at all times. Because I paid for the data, I get the data. This is not so with physical games. If you break the disc and no longer have access to the data, you are out of luck. Same with records, CDs, DVDs, Blurays, etc.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread