Total Biscuit Reveals he's an idiot (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 05, 2016, 04:20 (2885 days ago) @ Avateur

In my opinion Overwatch's microtransactions are bullshit, and I will never ever play this game.

Overwatch is fantastic and fun in general, and the microtransactions do not detract from the experience.

If you listened to the video, he explains exactly how they detracted from his experience. I will say it again since I laid it out in the original post:

He does not have the time to play to get packs for free. Therefore, he has to pay for packs. This detracts from the experience, because the game was designed with this 'friction' element, necessitating him to contemplate skipping playing the game by paying more money.

If the game were designed without these unlocks hidden behind an investment system, or one where you could progress in less time, then there would be no detraction from the experience.

The entire fucking point behind paying for unlocks is because the experience is better than the one where you don't pay. I'd call that detracting from the experience. As he actually admitted! He is just stupid and thinks it's a good thing he can pay more to not be inconvenienced, rather than playing a game that doesn't inconvenience him in the first place.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread