Devil's advocate (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 15:19 (2891 days ago) @ Xenos

I completely understand what you're saying and you're making a completely different argument than what we're talking about. But compare it to a car. Wear and tear matters beyond how your car runs. The seat is ripped up? The value is lowered. The stereo doesn't work? The value is lowered. With a disc for a video game no matter how messed up the disc is, if it plays the game (aka you can access the data) technically all the features of the product (the game) are functioning as if the game was new. I could rip the label off of a blu-ray, and even scratch the disc to hell, but if it plays my game, the product itself is not diminished.

Go to a used game store and sell your game in the following conditions:

1. Complete in box with the manual, and the game in pristine condition.
2. Game in a sleeve where it is scratched but functional.

You will get more money for the better one. The condition of your game absolutely positively has an effect on the value of it. You can even get discounts on scratched media or cartridges with worn (but functional) connectors. This is true everywhere: ebay, used game stores, garage sales, etc.

You're completely wrong.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread