Total Biscuit Reveals he's an idiot (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 04, 2016, 23:19 (2885 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, June 04, 2016, 23:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-drM9TA63I

His argument:

1. Progression systems take time to get through
2. He has more money than time

Therefore, he would like to pay to skip.

All the while without realizing he is paying to not play a game. Instead of doing what a critic would do, namely finding a game to play instead where he wouldn't have to pay to not play parts of it, he decides to buy microtransactions. Right? If you have no time, why not only play the best games that completely respect it? Why not ask developers not to have meaningless progression systems in the first place? So now he wastes both his money, and his time.

Microtransactions to skip progression are not pro consumer! Simply making all the cosmetics available immediately to everyone is pro consumer!

When you look at it this way, you will see why these systems are really stupid. I never thought much of him as a critic, as he simply regurgitates talking points and goes by checklist instead of thoughtful analysis, but this one just takes the cake.

In my opinion Overwatch's microtransactions are bullshit, and I will never ever play this game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread