Just my 2 pence.. (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 17:42 (2891 days ago) @ Raflection

Just a side note, the game industry is so different to both music and film as the game industry is an interactive experience. You listen to a song or watch a film until they are finished, you have no influence on the song or film. If you listened to

I was merely saying that the game industry is VERY DIFFERENT from music and film as such, must be treated separately.

You wouldn't compare a magazine to watching TV, would you?

Just wanted to jump in and say that how interactive a product is has little baring on used/new markets, resale value, etc. Videogames and music or movies are directly comparable because they are all entertainment. The fact that games are interactive makes them unique in terms of the nature of the entertainment, sure. But it does not make them inherently more valuable in the long term. I do get the point you're making, but we need to remember that the vast majority of people don't even finish a game once, much less replay it several times. And as far as music or movies go, the fact that it is a "static" experience does not harm their "replayability". I can play an album through my headphones on the way to work, then listen to it quietly in the background while I'm cooking dinner, then have some friends over and crank it through the stereo while everyone gets drunk and dances around. Same music, but totally different experiences. And yes, hearing music in these different ways will allow you to appreciate it in different ways, too. That's part of the fun :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread