Devil's advocate (Gaming)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 15:23 (2891 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Go to a used game store and sell your game in the following conditions:

1. Complete in box with the manual, and the game in pristine condition.
2. Game in a sleve where it is scratched but functional.

You will get more money for the better one. The condition of your game absolutely positively has an effect on the value of it. You can even get discounts on scratched media or cartridges with worn (but functional) connectors.

You're completely wrong.

See ONCE AGAIN you're missing the point of the argument (and I'm getting to the point where I believe you're doing it intentionally), this isn't about the value of the game to the store, we're talking about the value of the game as the game itself. To the company that makes the game you just bought a game that they would have made a certain percentage of its full price for what they see as nothing, because they get nothing back from it. But your experience is not diminished in any way because you bought a physically crappy used copy. You don't see the logic of how the company sees it as a lost sale? Even if you'd waited until a sale and bought it for cheap they still make a cut. But because you bought it used they see it as a lost sale. And the important part: THE GAME FUNCTIONS THE SAME. It's not like a car where to the consumer it's not as good, as soon as I put it in my console, who cares that it's missing its label?

(And seriously the exaggeration is GETTING OLD)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread