Just my 2 pence.. (Gaming)

by Raflection, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 16:34 (2891 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Many time, the games DO NOT function the same now as the did when they were released. In fact, this is a major area of concern now in the form of digital preservation. As the original experience becomes harder and harder to have, used games get less and less valuable. Hence the need to buy new.

If I bought a N64 and Mario kart now, it would function EXACTLY the same as release.

It's only newer MULTIPLAYER games were your above point is valid.

Games get lower in price over time because of the lack of demand. If 5 million people buy a game on release, the creators are not going to get another 5 million sales 2 years later because people already have the game.

The reduction in price has absolutely no relevance to the quality or playability of a game.

Just a side note, the game industry is so different to both music and film as the game industry is an interactive experience. You listen to a song or watch a film until they are finished, you have no influence on the song or film. If you listened to a song or watched a film for the 500th time, it would be 100% the same as the first time as no change can be made to it. You can't listen or watch in a different way.

You can play a game a different time multiple times after the first time.

If you cannot honestly see the points I've made above as valid you're either ignorant or stupid.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread