The part you're missing (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Monday, May 30, 2016, 12:49 (2890 days ago) @ Raflection

I refuse to participate in microtransactions.

Microtransactions are entirely optional.

Depends on the game. Some pay to win games are microtrans or lose, every time. Supercell games are the only ones I can think of like that off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

Large paid DLCs are not.

I disagree. If you don't like the content in a DLC, you can choose not to buy it. I haven't bought any of the fallout 4 DLCs yet (though I will be buying far harbor at some point) and I still love the game.

With DLCs you do get substance added to a game however, it's basically you pay to upgrade your game or your experience is limited.

Yeah, that's... that's the whole premise of DLCs. We can agree on that.

With microtransactions, you can choose to pay a small amount which benefits funding the game without feeling like you're missing out if you don't take part.

My whole point is that you shouldn't be paying the developer to develop their own game outside of kickstarting (and probably shouldn't do it there either because of just how horribly insecure it is). I don't go to a store and pay the guy money and say "I'd like to buy your mystery food box" not knowing at all what's in it. I buy some apples, and only after I've checked out the apples to make sure that they're good apples and not red apples. #greenapplesmasterrace

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread