Why I haven't played much since just before Festival... (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, December 01, 2016, 16:59 (2700 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The fact that 2 years into Destiny, we're still getting content releases that require dozens of hours of grinding (you heard me, Korny... DOZENS) just to cross the gap between the end of the story content and the end-game content (raid) shows that Bungie is totally ok with this style of game. It's not an accident anymore. It is completely intentional. And that just isn't for me.

I haven't played much since just before Festival of the Lost, for what, at first, seems like a different reason, but I feel it really boils down to the same reason. I've fallen behind in my light level. I'm still low 370s, high enough to do the Normal Raid no problem, but not the Hard Mode. Most everyone have moved on, completed the Hard Mode & challenges, and are done with them (AFAIK, I haven't really seen any ps4 events over the past month excluding me and 2dorks attempting to work on that exotic quest). But being behind in light level isn't the root cause of me not playing much, the true cause is the grind. I need to grind to catch up and grinding isn't fun. Doing it with a party of friends might make it okay, but it's still user-hostile. I don't have much time to grind either, I usually only get to play video games for one maybe two nights a week, and unless I exclusively play Destiny I'm not going to be able to keep up.

Playing end-game content over & over just isn't that much fun anymore, and having to grind to get there isn't fun either. I feel like I'm stuck like I was in Y1, only instead of drops preventing me from moving on it's boring content grind.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread