Some Criticism (0) (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 20:08 (2348 days ago)

To preempt the conversation directly from Bungie I have decided that this is the appropriate time to drop my compiled thoughts. Likely just in time to get eclipsed, but hopefully not completed. I will try to keep this concise. However, I would love feedback on the considerations and suggestions. These are more my dream changes than anything. Secions are numbered for easier reference. So, without further delays:

Preface

[0.0a] My feelings on the game overall are highly positive, though I will not be getting into great depth about most of the aspects I greatly appreciate. That means that the majority of any comments I have regarding PvE aren't really useful here. Most of the items I see as issues in those spaces can be fixed by carrying over from PvP as Destiny has tended to do in the past. And that is where we hit a doozy. My experience with PvP in Destiny 2 is predominantly one of suffering. Lots of suffering.

[0.0b] There are three main areas that I have considered to most hinder, and have the most opportunity to improve, my experience in Crucible. First, and biggest for me, is the lumping together of abilities, mods, and fixed rolls. Second is related specifically to matchmaking functionality and how that relates to both team sizes and game modes. Third is that thing of nebulous sandbox balance. All of these overlap to create an experience that, from my perspective, lacks the vitality that Dest1ny had through its life span while encouraging relatively disappointing gameplay loops. Some aspects may overlap, so I apologize in advance if any of the items seem to be repetitive.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread