+1 (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 12:16 (2348 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The lack of interesting movement options is generally a major disappointment for me. The fact that I tank my momentum when using the already grossly nerfed shoulder charge melees is highly frustrating. It is the closest we get to any skill-based movement. Or I guess the air dodge on that one Dawnblade tree counts. Where is Twilight Garisson?

And in D1 my regular group joked that we all had backpacks that could fit 3. Except that one guy who could fit 5. Anyway, the point is now that at most folks can maybe have a backpack for one. There is a reason that people who played Halo 3 BRs Only No Grenades Final Destination never got invited back to birthday parties. I really enjoyed team play in D1. However the best part was that it didn’t require team play to perform well. The “squad focus” leads to babysitting blueberries. So I totally agree with that feeling of diminished power.

I get the feeling that people who are really good running solo hates the new PvP. I understand that, but I also am happy that it takes more team coordination than D1. I also know, for someone who is more a team player (because I'm not as good at running solo) D2 is so much friendlier.

I will say that running solo is still very viable, you just have to make it a flanking and harass move instead of just trying to wipe the team solo. I recently in trials intentionally flanked way around a team that was engaged and wiped two guys before they realized I was behind them. Because there is less motion tracking in D2 in general (unless you stop ADS) it's easier to flank enemies.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread