+1 (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 13:14 (2348 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I can definitely see that the overall feeling for a lot of folks who perform well solo not liking D2 PvP as much. But part of it is how it forces teamwork instead of encouraging it theough mechanics. Search and Des-countdown and survival both encourage team work theough mechanics, for example. And I like that. But Clash or Control aren’t focused enough for the gametype to encourage it, instead the limited options lead to team shooting.

I would make a distinction here in what I am talking about, though. Because flanking is team play. And in many cases is the only way to break up the plinking down hallways that is a common strategy due to the prevalence of MIDA and other Scouts effectiveness in coordinated fire. In D1, however, in part because of 6v6, I could break off, and having grenades readily available, actually manage engagements on my own. There are a lot of factors. But yeah. The change is definitely harder on folks who like solo play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread