Sandbox needs some work (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 12:19 (2348 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Because when they split the code base after Taken King the state of Bladedancers was still that blink made them even more broken when accounting for Invul frames and the general network issues which let them tank stuff they weren’t supposed to. I think that is also part of why Arcstrider is slower. Though I think that dodging should slow your super consumption, personally. To motivate the more acrobatic advance.>

Blink was the only reliable way to advance, given that the armor buff and speed buff were minimal. A blade dancer was forced to pop his super in cover, and then make his approach. An observant team would always be able to evade by jumping or running and leaving the BD unable to pursue. When Blink was nerfed the second time, it really eliminated BD as an effective super and most people switched entirely to Nightstalker.

Even with the improvements in Ark Strider in D2 (most notably being a small aoe and the ability to attack targets lower then you) the Ark Strider is the most easily countered super. The AS does not have the benefit of Ionic blink or landfall, nor the extra armor and instant attack of FoH.

I find it telling that FoH gets a speed boost, to compensate for the lack of range.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread