+1 (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 17:01 (2346 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I don't know what BXR is, I'm sorry.

It was a button combination in Halo 2 that let you cancel the melee animation and fire the Battle Rifle basically instantaneously after punching someone. Similar to another glitch that allowed you to fire the BR twice in a row with no delay, called the double shot. Neither were incredibly hard to do, but did require some skill to pull off consistently, and we had almost the same argument I'm going to present to you below nearly endlessly on HBO.

I think you're saying it's reasonable to say it was beneficial to the game but not reasonable to complain that they took it out, which seems contradictory to me.

No, I'm saying it's unreasonable to complain about Bungie removing obvious glitches that allowed gameplay they didn't intend. Whether it was beneficial are harmful to the game is up for debate, and I'll acknowledge being able to understand those who say it's beneficial. It's not realistic, and not really fair to complain that Bungie removed things they obviously never intended to be there in the first place.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread